The center resides in the landmark building the J.W. Warner House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The property is centrally located between the Miami River, Downtown and Brickell, easily accessible to the Miami community and visitors. The original colonial style building is complemented by contemporary architecture housing the brand new state of the art ballet studios, designed by Omar A. Morales.
The original Neo-Classical antebellum structure was built in 1912 by George Pfeiffer for J.W. Warner, founder of South Florida's first floral company. Warner arrived in Florida in 1905 and worked as an auditor with the Florida East Coast Railway. The home's fine craftsmanship is especially evident in its massive columns, Palladian window and porte-cochère. Wide porches and verandas adapt the J.W. Warner House to the Florida climate with a graciousness that evokes the elegance of Florida's early years.
You can see interview with the center's director Pedro Pablo Peña and tour of the center in américatevé.com (in Spanish).
(Information taken from Miami Historic Preservation; Paul S. George, Little Havana. Mount Pleasant, S.C.: Arcadia Publishing, 2007.)