Built originally as a movie theater, it opened its doors as Cine City Hall in 1954. The exterior in a Streamline Modern style has a centrally placed vertical fin feature which contains the theater's name. Inside the auditorium, seating is provided in orchestra and balcony levels. On the side-walls just beyond the balcony towards the proscenium, there are two large Art Deco style relief sculpture panels depicting the exterior of the Cine City Hall, each with a different perspective. The panels are backlit. The theater was renovated in 2016. It has been the space of Teatro Caribeño since 2004.