- At 16, her mother enrolled her at the ENA to study Makeup. She changed to Costume Design because she did not like it. Cultural richness of the time.
- The ‘parametración’ process as she lived being a student.
- After 5 years she graduated and was sent to Baracoa to do her Social Service.
- In Havana she starts working with Ruben Vigón. Anecdotes.
- She was born in Bueycito, in the Sierra Maestra, peasant origins.
- She directed various institutions, such as ISA and the Centro Nacional de Ensenanza Artistica. Prejudices regarding management positions vs creation
- She writes poetry but has never published it.
- Her family and its influence
- The vision of arts education in Cuba and the need for a revaluation
- Gap between the scenic image and visual richness of the visual arts in the country. Deterioration of material production during the special period: mind narrowness of some directors.
This interview was performed by Jesus Ruiz and Luis Enrique Duarte.
- Physical object creator:
- Ruiz, Jesús, 1943-June 1, 2014 (5351)
- Physical object date:
- January 1, 2012
- Physical object city:
- La Habana, La Habana, Cuba
- Physical object type:
- Digital object format:
- Audio recording
- Object ID:
- Voces del Diseño
- CC-BY-NC-ND (Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivatives)