- Childhood in the district of Jesús María, in Havana. Spanish origin family, related to the world of Cuban cigars.
- Early education at the Colegio Lasalle
- His participation in the cultural movement of the Sociedad Nuestro Tiempo, where he met Servando Cabrera. Thanks to Servando he starts working at Teatro Estudio.
- He beggins studying Architecture at the University of Havana, but leave it after a few years.
- Founder along with Maria Elena Molinet of the Conjunto Folklorico Nacional.
- His experience also with Dumé group and the Conjunto Dramático Nacional
- His first ballet, in 1964, was Exorcism, by Anna Leontieva
- Spends a year in Czechoslovakia, studying.
- Fernando Alonso invites him to work permanently in the National Ballet of Cuba, where he still works.
- Foundation of ENA, where he taught. The firsts years.
- Relationship with Alicia Alonso, Servando Cabrera, Maria Elena Molinet
- Special features of the Ballet Tarde en la siesta (1973)
- Process of creating a ballet, creativity from material scarcity
- Film experience with Tomas Gutierrez Alea
- His passions: cinema
To listen to the interview, please click here.
- Physical object creator:
- Lugo Herrera, Lilianne, July 29, 1987- (9453)
- Physical object date:
- Physical object type:
- Digital object format:
- Audio recording
- Object ID:
- Voces del Diseño
- CC-BY-NC-ND (Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivatives)
- Alicia Alonso
- Ballet Nacional de Cuba
- Alejo Carpentier
- Conjunto Folklórico Nacional de Cuba
- Salvador Fernández
- Tomás Gutiérrez Alea
- María Elena Molinet