Also known as: Ada Merritt High School; Ada Merritt Junior Community School
This school was built in 1923 and it was the first junior high school in Miami. In the 1960s, the school was central to the Cuban community forming in Little Havana. The school was closed in the 1970s; the building was used as a Job Corps center for several years. it was eventually demolished and rebuilt in 2003 with a Spanish colonial-style structure, including the main entrance with the two lion statues.